EveryBody Yoga with Megan Liability Waiver
In consideration of the services of EveryBody Yoga with Megan, LLC, including, but not limited to its agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, affiliates, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on its behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as “EveryBody Yoga with Megan”), I HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO IRREVOCABLY RELEASE AND WAIVE, INDEMNIFY, AND DISCHARGE EVERYBODY YOGA WITH MEGAN OF ANY AND ALL PAST, PRESENT, OR FUTURE CLAIMS ON BEHALF OF MYSELF, MY CHILDREN, MY PARENTS, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES/AGENTS, AND ESTATE AS FOLLOWS:
1. I ACKNOWLEDGE that I understand that yoga includes physical movements, as well as an opportunity for relaxation, stress re-education, and relief of muscular tension. As is the case with any physical activity, THE RISK OF INJURY TO ME OR TO THIRD PARTIES, EVEN SERIOUS OR DISABLING, IS ALWAYS PRESENT AND CANNOT BE ENTIRELY ELIMINATED. If I experience any pain or discomfort, I will listen to my body, adjust the posture, and, if necessary, ask for support from the teacher or staff. I will continue to breathe smoothly. I ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE that I may be exposed to higher temperatures (ranging from 80 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit) for prolonged periods of time, as is customary in the practice of hot yoga, and should that be the case, I ASSUME ALL RISKS (which may include, among other things, dehydration, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, heat cramps, and muscle strain or damage) AND UNDERSTAND IT IS MY RESPONSIBILITY TO KEEP MYSELF HYDRATED AND COMFORTABLE.
2. I further acknowledge and agree that yoga is not a substitute for medical attention, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Yoga is not recommended and is not safe under certain medical conditions. I affirm that I alone am responsible to decide whether to practice yoga. I HEREBY AGREE TO IRREVOCABLY RELEASE AND WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS THAT I HAVE NOW OR HEREAFTER MAY HAVE AGAINST EVERYBODY YOGA WITH MEGAN.
3. I expressly acknowledge, agree, and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in Yoga is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks, known or unknown.
4. I HEREBY VOLUNTARILY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS EVERYBODY YOGA WITH MEGAN FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, OR CAUSES OF ACTION, which are in any way connected with my participation in yoga or my use of EveryBody Yoga with Megan’s equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of EveryBody Yoga with Megan.
5. Should EveryBody Yoga with Megan or anyone acting on its behalf be required to incur attorney’s fees and other costs to enforce this agreement, I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD EVERYBODY YOGA WITH MEGAN HARMLESS FOR ALL SUCH FEES AND COSTS.
6. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I FURTHER CERTIFY THAT I HAVE NO MEDICAL OR PHYSICAL CONDITIONS WHICH COULD INTERFERE WITH MY SAFETY IN YOGA, OR ELSE I AM WILLING TO ASSUME—AND BEAR THE COSTS OF—ALL RISKS THAT MAY BE CREATED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, BY ANY SUCH CONDITION.
7. I FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE that EveryBody Yoga with Megan may, in its sole discretion, bar my participation in yoga or require my removal from its facilities in order to prevent injury or inconvenience to myself and others.
8. In the event that I file a lawsuit against EveryBody Yoga with Megan, I agree to do so solely in the state of Texas, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state.
I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. By signing this NEW STUDENT RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, I acknowledge that if anyone is injured or property is damaged during my participation in yoga, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against EveryBody Yoga with Megan on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document.
I FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS NEW STUDENT RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, AND I AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS.
PARENT’S OR GUARDIAN’S ADDITIONAL INDEMNIFICATION
(Must be completed for participants under the age of 18)
In consideration of Minor being permitted by EveryBody Yoga with Megan to participate in its activities and to use its equipment and facilities, I FURTHER AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS EVERYBODY YOGA WITH MEGAN FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS WHICH ARE BROUGHT BY, OR ON BEHALF OF MINOR, AND WHICH ARE IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH USE OR PARTICIPATION BY MINOR.
I FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE that EveryBody Yoga with Megan may, in its sole discretion, bar minor’s participation in yoga or require minor’s removal from its facilities in order to prevent injury or inconvenience to minor and others.
Participant Name Participant or Guardian Signature
You may either print the above and email it to Megan or fill out the name and email below indicating your voluntary signing of the liability waiver.